Choose a Gas Furnace Wisely
Did You Know? Up to 50% of your home’s energy bill goes toward healing and cooling your home. It just makes sense to choose a gas furnace wisely. No one can offer you better guidance the tried and true experts at Service First Heating and Cooling.
We chose the Coleman® line of gas furnaces.
Coleman® Heating & Air Conditioning Products offer American Made and Energy Star® Rated Solutions. When you purchase a Coleman® Gas Furnace you get all the benefits of a large corporation.
Coleman offers a wide product range, solid equipment backed by extensive research and development, and innovative manufacturing facilities located here in the US. You can expect to get the individual attention that comes with a hometown business mentality.
- Award Winning Products – Coleman ® products are recognized for ongoing advancement in quality, performance, efficiency and reliability.
- Best Buy Award – The 2014 Consumers Digest Award was given to the Echelon ™ CP9C series of Gas Furnace. It’s the kind of recognition that shows high quality means high value to you.
- Home Builder Executive 2012 Silver Innovation Award – Coleman heating and cooling products were recognized with a Silver Innovation Award, which recognized products that provide the quality, reliability, warranty protection and value that new home builders and buyers demand.
- ENERGY STAR® Most Efficient Designations 2012, 2013, 2014.
Furnace design has advanced in recent years to be far safer and more efficient than older designs. This is the result of improvements in the burner, the ignition, and the blower motor. Furnace heating efficiency is measured by an Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) percentage. A higher AFUE percentage indicates a more efficient furnace.
The Echelon™ 9.C is one of the highest rated gas furnaces in the industry (up to 98% AFUE). The EnergyGuide label outlines the energy use and efficiency of major home appliances. The Echelon™ 9.C Modulating Gas Furnace EnergyGuide rating exceeds government standards — insuring exceptional quality and low energy use.
Nearly half of Coleman® air conditioners, heat pumps and furnaces are built to proudly display the ENERGY STAR™ label. Plus we are backed by some of the best warranties in the industry.
Benefits of Buying a Coleman Gas Furnace
Coleman’s Echelon Series Gas Furnaces are top of the line. They are far more efficient than older traditional furnace systems. Offering up to 98.5% Fuel Efficiency, with Modulating Variable Speed Technology. These High Efficiency Models have some of the highest ratings in the industry, including Energy Star’s Award for Most Efficient System in 2014. For some, making the Echelon choice could reduce energy bills by up to 40%.
Chances are you didn’t purchase or install your existing unit. Your personal needs may be different than the original owners were and possibly the layout of your home might have changed due to a remodeling or how you use the space. Innovative Air technicians will take this into account when advising you on the best replacement furnace. Moreover, they will explain how you can receive improved energy efficiency. We suggest that you weigh the following factors before purchase:
- Energy Efficiency – If you have a furnace that is over 10 years old, it may be time to consider a higher efficiency furnace.
- The Size You Actually Need – surprisingly, many contractors over-size or under-size equipment. It’s a BIG mistake. Nothing is more important than having your equipment properly sized. We’ll make sure you get a perfect fit!
- Proper Ventilation – Your duct work needs to be sealed properly and venting properly. Often over looked by other heating contractors, we’ll make sure to do a proper evaluation of your ductwork as well.
- Compare Costs – A higher efficiency units typically costs more than lower efficiency units, however; you’ll reap the rewards over time as an ENERGY STAR® or high efficiency gas furnace usually pays for itself because of the saving in operating cost.
- Choose The Right Contractor – At the end of the day, the most important step in replacing your home’s heating system is choosing the right contractor. No matter what brand name you choose, the comfort, reliability and energy efficiency it provides is in the hands of the contractor installing it.
Don’t Forget Your Air Filter
The single most important thing you can do to maintain your air quality is to regularly change your air filter. It’s easy to do and just takes a second. You’ll maintain your indoor air quality and help your furnace run at peak performance. Mark your calendar and make the commitment. You’ll be glad you did.
When you’re in need of any type of heat pump service: like maintenance for your gas furnace, gas furnace replacement, or need to fix your broken furnace, you’ll always get an honest answer from one of our tried and true technicians.
If you live in Vancouver, WA and are interested in furnaces, let us help.